[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
MUST Be local to our location....Lawrence Ma
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for maintaining quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results to ASME Code requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
· Assist in advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
· Implementation of the QMS for fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
Approving incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
Approving in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
Approving finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Assist in managing plant integrity through a failure analysis reporting system and following up on recommendations.
· Performing visual inspections and PT required by ASME Code not performed by 3rd Party inspectors.
· Assist in managing inspection, NDE, and testing plans for new construction, repair work, and alterations.
· Assist in identifying and developing solutions to correct inspection deficiencies.
Certification, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal organization departments, suppliers, subcontractors, and regulatory authorities.
· Strong coordination and organization skills, with strict emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
· 5+ years working experience in ASME Code Fabrication.
· Advanced experience working within local jurisdictional and regulatory authorities.
· Knowledge of qualifying ASME WPS and welder/welding operator qualifications, including local regulation requirements.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of AWS A3.0 Welding Terms and Definitions. knowledge of welding inspection and related NDE methods (MT, PT, UT, and RT), including ASME Sec. V requirements.
· CWI Qualification preferred.
· Knowledge of project specific documentation related to new equipment turnover for installation, inspection, testing, repairs, and alterations.