[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Earn up to $750.00 in a signing bonus.
The Site Safety Manager is responsible for the enforcement of the corporate Health, Safety & Environment (“HSE”) program and providing safety oversight and support to construction operations. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to provide a safe work environment for Team Members while using independent judgment to resolve safety related issues.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
• Conduct HSE inspections and audits of construction projects
• Preparation of weekly safety reports
• Assist Project Managers and supervisors with work planning and development of job hazard analysis and safe work procedures
• Conduct accident/incident investigations including root cause analysis
• Conduct industrial hygiene assessments
• Perform HSE orientations including drug/alcohol testing
• Conduct HSE training in small and large group environments
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, safety management, occupational environment health, industrial health, or related field beneficial
• Knowledge of Construction Safety and Health regulations, including OSHA construction and general industry regulations
• Experience with Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) beneficial
• OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
• Strong computer skills including MS Office
• Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Minimum 7-10 years on site construction safety environment, preferably on similar type/size projects
• Heavy crane and rigging knowledge preferred
• Steel erection preferred
• EMT license preferred
• Certified Safety Manager (CSM), or Certified Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certifications beneficial but not required
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”