[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Landmark is hiring Concrete Superintendents. This position, as a part of the management team, travels extensively to various sites to function as the field manager and key Landmark representative. The Superintendent is hands-on and directs the activities of employees constructing water towers. The following duties are performed personally and/or by employees in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable law.
- Concrete placement and quality control knowledge
- Understanding of various forming systems and requirements
- Understanding of concrete mix design and admixtures
- Surveying and general layout of jobsite
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to routinely work away from home
- Site work including road construction, excavation, backfilling, compaction, grading and testing
- Utility work including water main, storm drains, flanged piping and valve installations
- Sub trade work: electrical, instrumentation, painting, paving, etc.
- Installation of various hardware, vents, hatches, and specialty items
- Scaffolding and erection
- Rigging knowledge
- Signaling of cranes and other construction equipment
- Use of saws, grinder, hand tools
- Grinding, sanding, and polishing
- Painting, caulking, and sealing
- Understanding of OSHA Part 1926
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel.
- General Direction: receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- 5 to 10 years of heavy construction experience of progressive responsibility in a supervisory role
- Experience with OSHA and other regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Experience directing, training, and motivating field personnel
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Valid Driver License
- Extensive nation-wide travel
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer