[Carpenter] We're hiring Form Builders | Setters in San Antonio, TX! $18.00 to $24.00/hr |16 Month Project |No Per Diem
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SpawGlass, a Texas-based commercial and civil contractor, has just created a position on the team as a Form Builder Setter in San Antonio, TX.
A Bit about Us
Our organization was founded in 1953 by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass, hence the name SpawGlass. With 10 offices across Texas, the company now has approximately 800 employees statewide and is 100 percent employee-owned with ownership open to all employees. Our DNA is comprised of five core values: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience.
What Sets Us Apart
SpawGlass wants to invest in you and your future. We not only want to hire the best people; we also want to retain them. The average tenure of our workforce is 10 years – more than twice the median years of tenure in the construction industry nationwide.
Reporting directly to the General Superintendent, your position will have the following components:
1. You will study blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed
2. Using a handsaw or power saw, you will saw lumber to blueprint dimensions and nail lumber together to create form panels
3. Erect build-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms on construction site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools, plumb, level and rule
4. You will be accountable for inserting spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specified dimensions
5. Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks and timbers
6. Promote, execute and adhere to SpawGlass’ safety culture
This is a great opportunity for a Form Builder/Setter with 1+ years of experience constructing build-in-place or prefabricated wooden forms according to specifications for molding concrete structures.
In this role, you will be subject to loud noise, inside and outside environmental conditions, occasional heavy lifting up to 60lbs with assistance, extended/unusual work shifts, climbing, kneeling, reaching above shoulder height, grasping, standing and balancing. Above all, you must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
SpawGlass will provide you with an engaging work environment where you can make an impact, develop your career, and achieve a healthy work-life balance. If this opportunity appeals to you, let’s talk. Our application is quick and easy!
SpawGlass is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.