[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Start date is 12/9/2019
Duration is one year minimum.
This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of estimating, scheduling, change documentation, risk management and cost control. The Senior Project Controls Specialist (Sr PCS) is a critical position as part of a project team. This position supports Project Managers on varying size projects. Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments. The position is considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience. This job requires working knowledge to proficient use, understanding, and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools.
Responsibilities & Duties: include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing cost and schedule data.
- Develops and maintains work breakdown structures, project schedules, tracks and trends schedule data, Tracks and reports project status, analyzes variances, determines earned value, and analyzes critical path activities at a level appropriate for each project
- Manages change control for the schedule.
- Gathers input and information for projects across Florida. Works with all PM’s and PCS’s to obtain information regarding the status and health of assigned projects ranging in total portfolio value $150M - $200M in projects each year.
- Aid in the preparation of the Florida 5 Year Portfolio Plan by ensuring the schedules are in line with the approved timing that supports the plan.
- Generates monthly project reports, to include P6 views that drive discussion with PM and Project Team.
- Generates periodic Project Controls reports that are schedule focused.
- Distributes and archives project documents that are schedule focused.
- Work with estimator(s) to create (or creates) project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management. Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope. Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle.
- Maintains effective relationships with customers and supports the resolution of quality issues
- Proficient in conflict resolution and reaches positive outcomes among team members.
- Overtime may be required on assignments in order to meet deliverables
- Basic/Required Qualifications:
- 2 year degree – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent and 2+ Years of experience OR 5+ Years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Proficiency in the navigation and use of Oracle’s Primavera P6 scheduling tool.
- Highly engaged self-starter, identifying problems and offering possible solutions and taking appropriate action for resolution.
- 4 year degree – Construction Management, Business, Project Management, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience using Software such as Business Objects, MS Office Suite, Visio, Power Plan and Maximo.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Transmission Project Controls, Management or Construction Experience
- Desired Qualifications:
- Working knowledge/proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, and spreadsheets
- Experience working construction or Transmission work/projects
- Program or project Risk Program Control experience (Familiarity with PMCoE Risk Registers and Tools a Plus)
- Experience working with a Regulated Utility Company, Coal Fired Generating Plants, or large complex engineering and construction programs or project in fixed price and/or T&M environment a plus.
- Experience or training with the integrated Enable ecosystem, to include P6 Web, EcoSys, Maximo and PowerPlan.
- Demonstrated experience with schedule integration of multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing, integrating, trending and forecasting schedule information for projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of earned value techniques
- Demonstrated effective collaboration skills with good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven collaborative team member
- Understanding of the PMCoE project lifecycle
- Database and Reporting experience
- Previous experience with EcoSys