[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Machine Mechanic (19014214) in Tampa, FL
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
• Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
• Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
• Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Ability to perform under limited supervision.
• Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran