[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Austin Industrial is currently seeking a full time Mechanical Foreman, with expertise in pipe, to do project/construction work.
- This is a full Time, permanent position
- No Per Diem
- No Relocation Funding
Per Diem: None
Relocation Funding: None
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Mandatory background check and drug screen required
•Understand, comply with and lead the Austin/Client safety policies and procedures 2.Utilize and participate in Austin’s Accident Prevention Program including audits 3.Participate in Austin Safety Incentive Program 4.Automatic shutdown of work when any safety concerns arise. Participate in daily Austin safety meetings (Tool Box Meetings) and review & authorize.
•Monitors safety performance and implements action to resolve any issues concerning safety Audit Austin safety meetings for quality and content
•Monitor QA/QC data and implements action plans to resolve issues or discrepancies
•Take immediate action to resolve any and all quality related issues
•Assure post-project performance evaluation of all assigned Austin employees.
•Perform random checks on work in progress, ensuring we meet all plans, specifications, codes and quality requirements
•Provides the work crew with clear direction regarding the scope of work and sets progress goals for the crew on a daily basis.
•Spends 70% of the time in the field with the crews he or she is overseeing on daily basis to insure that work is progressing according to schedule.
•Plans the work ahead of the crew to minimize work delays and increase productivity. (materials, consumables, equipment, etc.)
•Documents all work delays and rework on daily basis and submits change orders to project controls
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews the daily work schedule and manages with the crew
2. Resolves conflicts which require management direction
3. Monitors and advises upon any schedule changes
4. Approves any additions to Austin’s scope of work
5. Monitors daily progress
6. Set discipline production goals
7. Monitor crew mix, crew mix rates to ensure within budget/estimate
8. Responsible for the piping specialty- above ground and below ground
9. Participates in Bid Reviews for all capital work Austin performs on the site
10. Must be capable of interpreting P&ID’s, Isometrics, Equipment Arrangement Drawings
11. Must be capable of maintaining red line drawings for all project work performed on the site
12. Takes ownership for all work performed on the site and is accountable for delivering “best in class” results in the safety arena, quality arena and productivity arena
1. Provides daily progress reports to project controls
2. Participates in daily project update meeting
3. Participates and coordinates shift turnover meeting
1. Monitors and reacts to budget and/or schedule implications
2. Reviews and approves manpower changes
3. Administer disciplinary action such as safety, quality, productivity, attendance, etc.
4. Manage craft tool & equipment usage
5. Perform frequent/daily walks with crews to review safety, quality, productivity and accuracy of planned work being performed.
6. Monitor discipline permanent and temporary construction materials are sufficient to support the work.
7. Assist in monitoring project start/stop times
8. Audit upon arrival all new hires tools for proper items and counts.
Must have 5 years field supervision experience as craft general foreman.
•Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to be able to manage required documentation and/or communication for daily work flow processes.
•Must have expertise in the specialty of piping, including both above ground and below ground.
•Must have a working knowledge of the key principals associated with planning, scheduling and estimating.
•Must be a team player and lead by example
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.