[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ULG Skilled Trades has an immediate opening for Masons in Alpena, MI and surrounding areas. Journeyman Masons must have the ability to understand directions and follow instructions. Technically proficient in tasks, work processes and equipment operation. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments, completion of work signatures and QA signatures for completeness and quality of work.
Mason Job Requirements:
• Must be able to lay out foundations and patterns using measuring tools such as straightedges and rules
• Verify vertical and horizontal elevation of a structure using levels and a plumb bob
• Mix specific amounts of sand, cement, lime and water for mortar or refractory mixtures
• Ability to lift, move and work with heavy tools and materials such as cement bags and blocks
• Skilled in the use of hand and power tools to lay, align and set bricks/blocks to form a structure
• Spread mortar on slabs and surfaces to fuse bricks, tiles and/or blocks together
• Conducts repairs on walls, partitions and fireplaces to remove defective blocks and replace with solid ones
• Use trowels and other hand tools to remove or apply mortar over work surface
• Carry out estimates to determine the cost and quantity of materials required for a masonry project
• Utilizing jointing tools in sealing mortar joints to achieve an even surface
• Use scrapers, wire brushes or broom to clean and polish surface of finished brickwork
• Install high-temperature tiles in boilers, cupolas and furnaces
• Well versed in taking measurements and laying out projects according to set plans
• Seal expanding or contracting joints with caulking materials
• Remove damaged bricks with the aid of a chipping gun, sledgehammer or crowbar
• Build corner pyramids or fasten corner poles in plumb position to construct corners
• Spray refractory material on finished brick structures to protect against heat degradation
• Conduct inspection of brick structures to determine the need for repair
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Medical Coverage
• Short- and Long-term disability coverage
• Identity and Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
• Long Term Opportunities
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG is a drug free company. ULG is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.