[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a Project Engineers with a P.E. License for multiple Direct Hire/Permanent Positions in the following locations:
New Orleans, LA
Direct Hire/Permanent Position
To provide quality planning, designing and technical overview to assist Discipline Manager/Client Account Manager in delivering project, within budgetary and time constraints. Provides administrative and technical support to the Discipline Manager/Client Account Manager. Additionally, provides design and engineering assistance to other project team members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintains and documents communication with clients through letters and telephone throughout the development and completion of a project.
2. Monitors team members progress and advises team members of schedules and deadlines.
3. Reviews schedules and budgets relative to project progress and completion.
4. Conducts project status review checking accuracy of work completed and monitors timeliness of project completion.
5. Attends meetings on project management.
6. Assists Project Managers with any administrative duties concerning completion of assigned project.
7. Maintains project file.
8. Assists Project Manager in preparation of engineering studies and reports.
9. Provide technical guidance and training to members of the project team.
10. Provide project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software, and AutoCADD.
11. Assists in preparation of contract documents and technical specifications.
12. Assists Project Manager in assuring quality control procedures are performed.
13. Assist in preparation of project drawings.
14. Performs necessary code research.
15. Responsible for the accuracy of each segment of the work and the final check of the work.
16. Responsible for adherence to all applicable codes.
17. Provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to engineering staff.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Requires long hours and some weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering.
Must have Professional Engineer license.
Six to seven years of related experience.
Three to four years project related experience.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations required.
One to two years coordination/supervisory experience preferred.
Four to five years of direct client interaction in designated market and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required
One to two years of supervisory/management experience required.
Other Knowledge and Skills
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required.
Knowledge of design, on-line reports and databases preferred.
Knowledge and ability to use Deltek Financial and Project Management system is required.
Superior communication skills and in-depth knowledge of company products and operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidate should send resumes to Hannah Quinn for further consideration: Hannah.email@example.com
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.