[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Healthcare Facility Project Manager
The purpose of this position is to manage and complete facility type projects within a multi-disciplined healthcare infrastructure. Projects occur across multiple campuses in the Northwest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual infrastructure projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
• Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting the projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
• Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Oversees the preparation of scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
• Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis;
• leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
• Provides written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Participates in project meetings.
• Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
• Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
• Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc.).
Detailed understanding of the challenges, differences and specialized tasks of a healthcare project (inpatient hospital or multi-specialty ambulatory care, not medical office) vs projects in other industry sectors. Specialized tasks in addition to Essential Responsibilities above include the following:
¥ Vendor award, management, coordination and installation of specialized medical equipment
¥ Coordination and oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
¥ Oversight of the facility activation
¥ Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including Department of Health (DOH) Certificate of Need (CON) preparation and pre-occupancy survey in DOH states
¥ Detailed Understanding of the complex infrastructure and low voltage requirements of a healthcare facility and the impacts of working in such systems in an active facility.
¥ General understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including specific knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions (outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living) and facility differences and trends (patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc.).
¥ Ability to engage and carry conversations with a healthcare leadership team; including C-Suite presentations and reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study.
• Minimum 5 years of practical work experience as a project manager. Healthcare experience is preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Able to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
Other Skills and/or Abilities
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. A thorough knowledge of mechanical/plumbing/electrical systems. Ability to recognize quality work. Ability to develop detailed project schedules using scheduling software. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
Scope of Responsibility
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.