[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN OUR WEST PALM BEACH, FL OFFICE.
The Electrical Engineer provides support to the office responsibilities related to Engineering Projects based out the West Palm Beach office in Florida. Under the direct supervision of the VP of T&D Services, you will be engaged in high visibility projects, both large and small. You will be involved in a variety of unique design projects. You must possess a P.E. (Professional License).
- Perform electrical engineering and technical work for the electric utility system.
- Assist and/or prepare diagrams, tracings, and schematics for power transmission and distribution.
- Prepare drawings of electric work to be performed or changes to be made to existing electrical gear; Set up and maintain records of field surveys, drawings and prints.
- Participate in transmission and distribution line designs and substation designs and modifications.
- Calculate proper conductor type and size, transformer size, and proper application of equipment; Specific relay settings, fuse sizes, and reclosers for proper coordination.
- Investigate problems relating to electrical control equipment and recommend solutions.
- May include staff leadership on specific projects.
- Gather and maintain data/information and prepare routine and special reports.
- Coordinate staff meetings and attend in-service training and technical or professional classes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work effectively and accurately
- Listening, problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong collaboration with all levels internal and external to the organization
- Use of analytical or scientific software, as well as computer aided design CAD software.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction of field projects.
- Data base user interface and query software -- Data entry software ; Microsoft Access ; Relational database software
- Office suite software -- Microsoft Office
- Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and construction models.
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate must have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, with (5) years of experience in utility transmission and distribution (T&D) engineering.
Must have a Professional Engineer license, and be authorized to work in New York State.
Must have demonstrated experience in T&D electrical system design.
This candidate must have a P.E. License in New York State.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.