[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
$200 sign on bonus after first 30 days, then again after 60!
ULG Skilled Trades has an immediate need for journeyman block masons in Sunbury, Ohio. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to understand directions, follow instructions, and provide documented masonry experience as it relates to commercial construction and restoration.
Journeyman Mason Job Details:
• Pay $22-$28/hour
• Hours: 40 hours/week
• Length: 2 + months
Journeyman Mason Requirements:
• Updated resume documenting job history, duties, and applicable skill sets.
• Must be able to lay out foundations and patterns using measuring tools such as straightedges and rules
• Verify vertical and horizontal elevation of a structure using levels and a plumb bob
• Mix specific amounts of sand, cement, lime and water for mortar or refractory mixtures
• Ability to lift, move and work with heavy tools and materials such as cement bags and blocks
• Skilled in the use of hand and power tools to lay, align and set bricks/blocks to form a structure
• Spread mortar on slabs and surfaces to fuse bricks, tiles and/or blocks together
• Conducts repairs on walls, partitions and fireplaces to remove defective blocks and replace with solid ones
• Use trowels and other hand tools to remove or apply mortar over work surface
• Carry out estimates to determine the cost and quantity of materials required for a masonry project
• Utilizing jointing tools in sealing mortar joints to achieve an even surface
• Use scrapers, wire brushes or broom to clean and polish surface of finished brickwork
• Install high-temperature tiles in boilers, cupolas and furnaces
• Well versed in taking measurements and laying out projects according to set plans
• Seal expanding or contracting joints with caulking materials
• Remove damaged bricks with the aid of a chipping gun, sledgehammer or crowbar
• Build corner pyramids or fasten corner poles in plumb position to construct corners
• Spray refractory material on finished brick structures to protect against heat degradation
• Conduct inspection of brick structures to determine the need for repair.
ULG Skilled Trades Cares!
At ULG Skilled Trades, our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Medical Coverage
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Identity Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
• Long Term Opportunities
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
Thank you for your interest in ULG Skilled Trades,
ULG Skilled Trades is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG Skilled Trades is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
ULG Skilled Trades is a drug free company. ULG Skilled Trades is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.