[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
3 MONTH CONTRACT POSITION:
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for delivering key capital projects for the plant and the wider organization in a timely manner, according to agreed scope, and within budget. This role works along with the site's project engineers, and other key stakeholders, in a team and customer-centric manner in the delivery of strategic, infrastructure, and EHS type projects that enable the continued success, growth, and agility of the organization.
The Sr. Project Manager reports to the site's Engineering Manager and manages the daily activities of contractors.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
• Support the site by delivering both strategic and tactical capital projects working with key business partners/stakeholders (Site Operations, Technical, Corporate Engineering, EHS, Quality, Finance, CI, R&D, PMO).
• Proactively leverage project management best practices as outlined by PMI and other sources: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control, and Closing.
• Lead teams ensuring necessary SME including Project Engineer and Controls & Automation Engineers involvement.
• Contributes to the improvement of the Project Management Process.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter, who is self-motivated and works well within a team as well as independently. This person has a positive mindset who sees the proverbial glass half-full rather than half-empty and works to overcome obstacles in order to achieve goals persistently and consistently.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
• Results / data driven individual with good understanding of capital project management, along with a good understanding of manufacturing unit operations, utility systems, and construction management / contracting
• Agile/flexible in meeting site needs while managing multiple large projects.
• Ability to effectively manage change related to the project, program, or business.
• Able to influence others to adapt and become leaders in new frameworks.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
• 7 -- 10 years of project management in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record for following a structured PM process.
• PMP certification and familiarity with cGMPs preferred.
• Business case development and ability to translate business problems into actionable projects.
• Think and manage projects with a lean mindset.
• Bachelors degree in engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical)
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.