[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Looking for Traveling Cell Tower Tech- Pay based on experience
Per Diem and travel provided
Required Skills As a Tower Technician
• Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
• The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
• Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
• The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
• Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
• Communicating orally and in writing.
• Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
• Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
• Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
• Must have the ability to traveling extensively within assigned region.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency
• A minimum of 4 years tower experience
• Industrial first aid
• Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions per prints & RFDS.
• Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
• Extensive rigging experience with ability to pass Rigging Course
• Familiarity with crane signals and gin pole operations
• Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations
• Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be capable of working up to 12 hours on occasion.
• Verizon and T-Mobile experience is a plus.