[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Basic Job Functions:
The Construction Site Supervisor will be responsible for site construction, management of civil, mechanical and electrical subcontractors, compliant with contract terms & conditions, installation, schedule, logistics, safety, quality, and constructability of all aspects of HV Substations, Transmission Lines and Collector Systems.
Construction Site Supervisor will be responsible for the delivery of site-specific contractual obligations in the construction of HV facilities, as well as identifying areas for continuous cost reduction.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reports the on-site project management activities of a specific project team with regard to HV electrical facilities.
• Responsible to manage sub-contractors to insure the project scope awarded is built in conformance with the plans, specifications, schedule and budget.
• Perform other CM supervisory functions as assigned. Projects include complete development of substations, transmission lines and collector systems associated with large scale photovoltaic projects.
• 10+ years of experience construction management of multiple-discipline, including HV construction projects.
• Knowledge of industry approved HV construction methods and standards essential.
• Photovoltaic and a basic working knowledge of power generation a plus.
• Individual must be knowledgeable in state & city codes & regulations required by the local building department
• BS or BA Degree in Engineering or Construction Management a plus but not essential
• Candidate must have proven record of accomplishment working as a Superintendant leading and supporting multi-discipline teams. Prior management of civil discipline a must.
• Ability to guide the construction effort from estimating, management and scheduling skills to complete the project
• Basic understanding of construction sub-contracts, insurance issues, permitting issues, and project scheduling
• A strong focus on customer service and satisfaction
• A personal commitment to a safe working environment for their employees
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish an objective
• Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite
• Ability to document and report job progress clearly
• A willingness to embrace personal development and the ability to lead by example
• Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift
• Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
• Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis
• Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
• 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
• Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
• May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
• All associates working on the construction sites may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)