[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Superintendents needed for marine construction projects, including piers, bridges, wharfs, sea walls and protection barriers, throughout the Tidewater area of VA - Norfolk, Newport News, and Weems, VA.
With Project Engineer and Project Manager, is responsible for total Contract performance and profitability. Primary responsibilities are Safety and Production. Pile driving, carpenter, and/or dredging experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
2. Works with Operations Manager, Project Manager and Project Engineer to assemble members of Job Team (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at the start of the Project.
3. Participates in Project Start Up Procedure: attends scheduled meetings; reviews estimates for manpower and equipment needs, safety procedures and alternative methods of construction.
4. With Safety Director, plans and manages Safety Program on the Project. Responsible for all onsite Safety Procedures.
5. Manages and schedules all field resources including labor, equipment, materials and subcontractors. Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules; schedules and orders all small tools, equipment moves, maintenance on site.
6. Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
7. Maintains Project progress as needed to meet schedule and budget requirements.
8. Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
9. With Project Engineer/Manager, reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports to improve efficiency. Reviews and understands weekly labor and equipment unit cost report.
10. Conducts weekly meeting with Project Engineer/Manager and Foreman to develop and implement Two Week Look Ahead Schedule.
11. Maintains Supervisorís Daily Report.
12. Identifies and documents changes or extras.
13. Reviews and approves Foremanís Daily Time Sheets.
14. Assists Project Engineer/Manager in preparation of monthly project analysis, cash flow and schedule reports.
15. Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
16. Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
17. Provides leadership to subordinates to promote training, safety, discipline and proper behavior.