[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Under general supervision, maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of heavy construction equipment. Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do.
• Maintain accurate records and properly handling of oil samples
• Performs preventive maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment routinely as needed
• Perform equipment survey with every service
• Keep truck clean and organized
• Perform repair orders on equipment services
• Orders parts as needed to maintain stock on Service truck
• Communicate with Shop Superintendent and Parts Manager to keep up stock of filter inventory
• Drives snow plow in emergency situations, as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 7 years work experience as a mechanic
• Experience of preventative/predictive maintenance and repair of:
o Mack Trucks
o John Deere and heavy construction equipment
• Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment and skill in the use of those tools
• Detail oriented
• Ability to maintain and submit accurate paperwork
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Must have own tools and possess valid class B driver’s license
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with good interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and hard working
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”