[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Highway Maintenance Technician for our Lighting Crew to perform highway maintenance and lighting repair operations in the Jacksonville, FL area.
- Work from elevated heights in company provided bucket trucks performing electrical wiring for highway lighting and other electrical systems
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing units
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and report all failures to supervisor
- Execute preventive maintenance programs established by the organization
- Follow all safety guidelines established by company policy
- Promote company management philosophy through personal example
- Complete work orders on a hand-held device with company specific software
- Establish rapport with team members
Preferred Experience & Qualification:
- 2 - 5 years prior experience in highway lighting
- Experience in installation and maintenance of highway lighting; both light poles and high mast light poles
- Possess a valid Journeyman Electrician License
- MOT certifications
Clean driving is essential and must pass criminal background check
High School Diploma/GED
Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
Carry out simple arithmetic functions
Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
Ability to use smart phone and applications
Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
Ability to operate hand/power tools
Full time; Monday - Friday 06:30 am - 03:00 pm. MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO PERFORM ON-CALL DUTIES AND WORK VARYING SHIFTS.
Total Compensation Package to include: FREE PPE! Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, eligible for referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, & Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V