[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Responsible for planning and scheduling construction activities and crews associated with assigned projects. The schedule effort is designed to accurately predict project coordination and completion by promoting communication and increase the probability of early problem identification and efficient problem resolution.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
• Analyze drawings, specifications and other documentation utilized to prepare the project schedule
• Review client’s scheduling requirements for assigned projects
• Develop cost and resource load schedules using the Critical Path Method (CPM) of scheduling, utilizing the project’s system of choice, as required, throughout a project's phases.
• Develop resource needs and productivity - in coordination with cost estimate development.
• Work with estimators and project team to develop target schedule
• Actively participate in turnover meetings and assist project team in developing planned schedule
• Monitor progress of contract including material and equipment deliveries critical to progress schedule and communicate factors that could result in re-planning or re-prioritizing of schedule
• Develops comprehensive CPM schedules updates on a monthly basis. Monitor and ensure progress for project specification
• Perform Time Impact Analysis and schedule delays analysis.
• Develop recovery schedule to recoup for any delays and prepare delay claims
• Generate narrative reports
• Conduct risk analysis and claims assessment
• Ensure that assignment and scheduling of work follows company standards
• Initiate and conduct daily and three-week projection schedule updates including proper documentation of changes
• Audit existing project schedules for accuracy
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with project management and client scheduling group
• Evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects
• Actively participate in closeout meetings relating variances and lessons learned for future projects
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field and/or minimum 5 years of heavy industrial construction experience required
• Demonstrated working knowledge of current industry CPM Scheduling software packages, such as Primavera P6 Professional and Microsoft Project
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
• Experience working with project management and a thorough knowledge of heavy construction logistics, resource planning and material management preferred
• Familiar with a variety of the field construction concepts practices, and procedures
• Frequent travel to job sites is required
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Attention to detail, organization prioritization and ability to handle multiple tasks are required
• Team player and with good interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”