[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pipe Welder in Newport News, Virginia
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking experienced Pipe Welders in the Newport News, Virginia area for a long-term government project!
Recently separated or retired military encouraged to apply!
Weld piping assemblies in a new construction environment. Must be experienced in GTAW (Tig) open root pipe welding processes with purge gas backing in all positions. Pipe work will be in preformed in accordance with ASME codes. Must be experienced with stainless steel and carbon steel pipe ranging from 1” schedule 5 to 6” schedule 40 pipe and be able to pass a 2 ˝” schedule 80 Stainless Steel to Carbon Steel open root pipe weld test in the 6G position. Aluminum GTAW open root pipe welding is a plus and testing maybe required at a later time. Will work with various power tools, including but not limited to, electric hand grinders, portable band saws, hand drills, stationary band saws, and other misc. hand tools. Operation of forklifts, bridge crane and man lifts in a safe and professional manner at all times is required.
• Pay rate: $24.51/hr
• Weekly Pay – you receive a paycheck every week!
• Comprehensive Benefits– Medical, Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation!
Qualifications for the Pipe Welder include:
• HS Diploma, Apprenticeship, &/or 5 years' experience as a Pipe Welder
at the Journeyman level
• Proficient at reading/understanding prints & drawings
• Prefer Pipe Welding experience in a commercial environment (chemical
plants, power plants, shipbuilding, etc.)
• Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 & be able to weld piping to ASME
• Will be required to certify in the operation of overhead cranes,
forklifts, and man lifts
• Will be required to pass welding performance qualification testing in
GTAW (TIG) process