[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking a Driller Helper in Columbus to support power utility and power generation projects!
Responsible for performing and assisting in geotechnical drilling work and related activities associated with the planning, maintenance, and operation of company drilling equipment.
Experience: 2 years drilling, construction or farming/labor experience.
1) Travel 90% of the time, 11 states around Ohio
2) Overnight Travel (expenses paid back weekly)
3) Overtime required as needed
Pay is $16/hr -CDL is preferred
NO PER DIEM-will have all expenses paid for
REQUIREMENTS - PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Include but not limited to following:
1) Exposure to environmental conditions such as weather, hazardous conditions and uneven terrain
2) Ability to operate vehicles, heavy equipment and mechanized devices
3) Occasional lift up to 75 pounds
Could work up to 20 hours of OT per week depending on the project.
Licenses/Certifications: Ability to obtain Commercial Drivers license (in future) as required by the Federal Department of Transportation with tanker endorsement. CLEAN DRIVING RECORD - contractors will be driving small company trucks on site.
Responsible for assisting Lead Driller with performing complex geotechnical drilling work and related activities associated with the planning, maintenance, and operation of Company drilling equipment.
1. Perform soil drilling, rock coring, and sampling per ASTM specifications in the field.
2. Prepare and maintain boring logs and soils classification in accordance with Unified Soil Classification System in the field.
3. Perform sampling at each boring location and prepare and ship samples to laboratory.
4. Perform the operation and maintenance of drill rigs and associated equipment.
5. Advise manager of needed equipment repairs and/or replacement or when refurbishing should be considered. Perform minor field maintenance on drill rig and drilling equipment if needed.
6. Perform the installation of piezometers, inclinometers, observation / monitoring wells and the operation of other specialized geotechnical instrumentation.
7. Performance of Coal Pile Inventories (CPI). Process includes the drilling and sampling of coal piles, weighing and recording of retrieved samples, and data entry and manipulation within the Civil Lab CPI database.