[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in Frederick but may need to go to Rockville from time to time.
- Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC/refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/CM and manufacturers specifications.
- Conducts preventive and corrective maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
- Installs and services new HVAC/refrigeration equipment. Perform all aspects of repairs to Air Handling Units (AHU) to include filter replacement, bearing replacement, motor replacement, belt replacement and proper alignment in accordance to OEM procedures.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of operations.
- Complete Work Order and Preventative Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Participates in the computerized maintenance management system for work and equipment documentation
- Participate in the building management system. Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
- Track refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
- Install, maintain and repair all field devices for the Temperature Tracking System.
- Participate in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
- Performs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, electricians, carpenters, and Building Engineers when necessary.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs, and installation with staff and tenants in affected areas to minimize disruption of operations.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Follow and implement standard Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Complete Corrective Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance (PM) work orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings
- Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health certification. (provided training)
- Must be able to pass and maintain the client's Security background investigation.
- Must have a current Universal CFC License.
- Must complete an OSHA 10 General Safety and Health training class (supplied by Employer).
- Ability to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read and understand manufacture's submittals and literature. Review and provide recommendations to preventive maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Ability to specify and order material and replacement parts for equipment as necessary.
- Ability to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must possess a valid driver's license
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.