[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Superintendent (Various locations)
This position is directly responsible for all activities on site for a construction project. It is expected that this position is a leader of all subcontractors, vendors, etc. to meet or exceed expectations as it relates to quality, schedule, cost, etc., while maintaining positive relationships with all team members.
• Owner Advocacy: Acts on behalf of the Owner. Uses the Owner’s point of view when making decisions and ultimately ensures that the Owner’s needs are being exceeded. Maintains open and frequent communication with the Owner.
• Schedule: Works with the project team to create the project schedule. Responsible to ensure that the project schedule is communicated to all applicable subcontractors, understood by all parties, and ultimately ensure all parties meet the project schedule. Responsible for tracking and updating the project schedule during the course of construction as well as providing look ahead schedules to subcontractors. This position ultimately owns the job schedule and is responsible to ensure it is communicated and followed.
• Quality: Directly responsible to ensure the onsite construction meets or exceeds expectations of the Owner’s and Design Team, while still ensuring that the project is constructed properly according to applicable codes, manufacturer’s product requirements, etc. This position is also responsible for communicating to subcontractors the expectations for their work, prior to start, and following up to ensure the work meets those expectations through inspections during the course of construction. This position is directly responsible to perform pre-punch lists and manage the completion of the punch lists.
• Cost Control: Responsible to understand the project budget and ensure that the onsite activities fall within the budget constraints. In addition, this position is responsible to ensure that subcontractor billings are aligned with the work onsite.
• Site Management: Overall manages the site to ensure a productive work environment. This includes project logistics, material handling, delivery coordination, etc. In addition, this position is responsible to maintain a clean jobsite.
• Safety: Directly responsible for jobsite safety. Clearly communicates to subcontractors the safety expectations and performs inspections to ensure that expectations are being followed. Documents safety issues and ensures resolution.
• Subcontractor Coordination: Coordinates with all subcontractors and vendors to ensure that there is alignment on how the work of each trade integrates with the work of others. Ensures that the scheduling and sequencing of work coordinates with the needs of subcontractor to ensure streamlined construction. Conducts subcontractor coordination meetings and follows up with proper documentation.
• Documentation: Daily reports, photos, inspections, as-built updates, RFIs, etc.
• Minimum 10 years of construction experience
• Minimum 5 years of Superintendent experience
• Industrial, manufacturing, or solar/electrical experience is preferred
• OSHA 10 / 30 Hour
• Capable of reading construction documents (Architectural, Civil, MEP, Process Piping drawings, etc.)
• Computer skills (MS Office, Bluebeam, Procore, etc.)
• Strong communication skills
• Travel required