[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Construction, Carpenter and Window and Frame Installer
Bovard Studio, Inc is a nationally recognized top tier, stained glass studio with a passion for quality workmanship, customer service and innovation. In our 40,000 square feet, facility located in Fairfield, Iowa, the heartland of the country, Bovard Studio, Inc. is proud to carry on the centuries old tradition of stained glass art. Our talented artists, craftspeople and staff complete over 100 to 140 projects per year for churches, courthouses, libraries, hospitals, colleges and other public and private buildings. We have created new windows and in various styles and restored famous historic stained glass masterpieces by Louis Tiffany, Louis Sullivan, Charles Connick, Fredrick Lamb and Xavier Zettler. Our 'in house' frame shop manufactures and restores wooden, steel and aluminum frames to suit any need from large complex and intricate Rose window frames to modern thermal barrier steel or aluminum frames. Our patented framing and glazing systems meet and exceed earthquake and hurricane codes throughout the country as required.
Come join Bovard Studio's family friendly team as a Construction, Carpenter and Window and Frame Installer, an integral part of our Field Operations team. Use your skills in construction, carpentry and glazing to remove and/or install stained glass windows, window frames and protective covering to make a dramatic and beautiful difference in facilities throughout the United States. Travel is required. Positions are available from apprenticeship to project leader.
Applicant requirements include:
• Experience in Construction, Carpentry or glazing (Stained glass experience a plus)
• Journeyman level or above
• Expect use of scaffolding, ladders, lifts; carry 100+ pounds
• Work at heights between 35' to 85' common
• Work schedule 3 week rotation – first 2 weeks on jobsite anywhere is U.S working between 10- 12 hours/day, six days/week; 3rd week the employee has time-off to attend to personal business
• Personal tools
• Valid driver's license; CDL a plus
• Relocation to Southeast Iowa preferred but will discuss commuting distance within a few hours distance
• Relocation after honeymoon period of 3 to 6 months
• Family Friendly
• MUST be a CURRENT RESIDENT of the UNITED STATES with LEGAL DOCUMENTATION TO WORK in the U.S.
Three (3) week rotation schedule: Two weeks working on a jobsite site then one week off and no work, gives you 17 weeks off per year in addition to vacation, holidays and sick days.
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
Company pays per diem, travel to jobsite, hotel and tool allowance.
Compensation: Apprentice/$35,679, Journeyman/$ 49,199 and Project Leader/$54,607 to $78,945
Our website is www.bovardstudio.com.