[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Director of Renewable Development, who will report to the Managing Director of Development, the Director position will be responsible for the development of utility-scale renewable energy projects (solar, wind, storage) by managing the definition, development, and execution of transactions in wholesale power markets. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with managing transaction processes, strong communication and financial analysis skills, and a proven ability to drive complex deals to closure.
- Develop and execute strategy for greenfield projects and acquisition targets
- Manage team of subject matters experts in support of advancing projects, including land, environmental, interconnection, permitting, external affairs, engineering & construction, wind/solar resource, financial modeling, etc.
- Commission studies and reports (e.g., wind/solar resource and energy yield assessments, aviation & telecommunication studies, wildlife & cultural studies, etc.) and apply results to modify & enhance project viability
- Secure key development assets needed for utility-scale renewable energy projects, including site control, interconnection, and permits at the federal, state, and local levels
- Work with Origination team in support of bid strategy, financial modeling and analysis, creation of proposals, and offtake negotiation and execution.
- Oversee project budget, schedule, and financial pro forma to ensure project success
- Manage and oversee internal and external resources in the process of structuring, negotiating and closing project transactions including offtake agreements, site leases, and EPC contracts.
- Analyze and interpret regulations, policies, competitive landscape, power markets, input prices, and other market data to drive development activities and enhance company"s overall strategy.
- Preference for prior experience in energy project development, ideally in solar, wind, and/or energy storage, demonstrating a track record for successfully executing complex transactions
- Desired traits and skills: effective and clear communication, collaboration/teamwork, initiative, adaptability/flexibility, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, planning/organizing, budgeting, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and understanding the business and competition
- Strong project management skills with experience managing multiple large teams on simultaneous projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess and allocate risk in contracts and financing agreements
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product
- Ability to speak effectively in public and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly driven and hard working individual with high standards for themselves and others
- Strong interest in renewable energy and ability/willingness to drive project progress
- Fluency in working with basic suite of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and GIS/Google Earth platform
- 25%+ work travel can be typical for this role