[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Thompson Construction is looking for a Maintenance Technician local to Sumter, SC (NO PER DIEM) that will be responsible for repair and maintenance of machines, equipment, plumbing, electrical, heating or air-conditioning systems to ensure optimal production.
* Responsible for keeping a structure or building in working order through maintenance and repairs.
* Inspect, repair, and maintain functional parts of mechanical equipment and machinery.
* Inspect defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions.
* Operate equipment to test its functioning.
* Perform routine maintenance to ensure equipment is performing at optimal levels.
* Perform repairs on equipment as necessary.
* Position requires versatile skills to include pipe fitting, insulating, boiler making, welding, carpentry, machining, repairing electrical or other equipment, installing new equipment and repairs.
* Equipment may include: Distributed Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) or Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have High School Diploma or GED.
* Successful candidate must have the ability to operate equipment, understand key variables that influence raw material yields, quality and reliability, and perform simple maintenance.
* Prior manufacturing/production experience is a plus.
* May have several tasks in a single day at a number of locations; both indoor and outdoor, or may work within one building.
* Must have good mechanical aptitude and ability knowledge of: Common machine components, Sources of machine failures, Inspection techniques, Services and adjustments, Assembly and installation, Troubleshooting skills and Pumping System skills.
* Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and criminal background check based on job location/requirements.