[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI is recruiting for an entry level Project manager for Nuclear Subsequent License Renewal Projects - Capital and Expense - (travel may be required to Corporate offices located in Richmond for meetings but primary location will be at the site)
- Entry or developmental level position providing engineering support for a designated project, or specific engineering discipline.
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendents in pre-project task planning to determine schedules and operational phases; shares information and seeks to troubleshoot any issue in advance of effect on the project. Assists in keeping management apprised of situations creating potential delays or risk management issues.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of project activities and perform general administrative project support functions under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Supports specific phases of major projects including scope development, contract reviews and negotiations (equipment, engineering, or EPC), engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning, and transition to commercial operation.
- Supports development and management of specific portions of projects budget and schedule
- Supports schedule development and ensure that all activities are properly integrated into the base schedule using critical path methodology.
- Produce reports as required.
- Facilitate agreement with multiple departments on milestone dates.
- Monitor job progress in relation to the schedule and provide real time updates, identifying and communicating items of deficiency and recommending solutions.
- Perform and report on 'what if' scenarios to identify potential delays.
- Perform and report on weekly project status updates.
- Create and monitor Project Performance Indicators
- Assist in providing directions, schedules, and updates to subcontractors, performs quality checks, creates punch lists, and monitors completion of project specifications.
- Monitor costs, reviewing cost analysis reports daily and communicating variances or budgetary concerns to Project Manager. May communicate updates on purchases and cost of completion to customer.
- Identify documents and tracks changes in scope of work and/or change orders, obtains approvals, and ensures that information needed for change orders is current and accurate.
- Assist in project document control process, ensures that appropriate parties possess all documentation necessary on a timely basis, including, but not limited to, access to safety plans, equipment check lists, submittals, close-out documents, RFI"s, test logs, and specification changes.
- Monitor project and subcontractor personnel routinely to establish presence as a resource and to ensure proper compliance with safety standards and regulations, personal protective equipment and dress requirements, building codes, preventative maintenance standards, and environmental controls.
- Identify potential safety hazards. Assist with documentation and investigation of accidents and in collecting safety plans of action from project foremen.
- Review invoices, codes invoices for proper entry into cost control system, and performs system entry as needed. Resolves coding errors.
- Establish the project framework and coding within project management software to accurate track and allocate costs; reviews coded invoices to ensure accuracy and makes changes as necessary.
- Approve personnel time entries with Foreman, questions and resolves discrepancies or variances in labor costs. Trains Foremen and field personnel on data and time entry systems.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of billings to customers, identifies potential complications in receiving timely payment and addresses such concerns prior to submission to customer.
- Upload information into GPS system and collaborates with Foremen to resolve GPS issues.
- Coordinate activities with Asset Manager to ensure optimal utilization of equipment and time.
- Performs other related duties as required.
1-5 years experience in project support and implementation is desired; Bachelor"s degree in Engineering with 1-3 years of experience supporting project implementation or Associates in Project Management or Engineering with 4-5 years of experience implementing medium to large scale projects.