[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Full Job Description
Lawrence, MA is a well-respected miscellaneous metals & structural steel fabricator who has been in business for nearly three decades. Quality & service are the core principles of our company and we prioritize excellent relationships with our clients. We provide structural steel framing, dunnage frames/service platforms, stairs, rails, ladders, other misc. metals & ornamental metals. We service clients in the commercial retail/residential/office, pharmaceutical, food service, and manufacturing industries.
Were currently hiring a qualified Detailer/Drafter Manager that is mechanically minded, motivated, and wants to grow with our company!
Only Candidates willing to relocate to Lawrence, MA. will be considered.
Relocation assistance may be provided based on your location.
Detailer/Drafter Manager Responsibilities
· Direction/supervision of lower tier in-house detailing staff & subcontractors.
· Expanding/maintaining in-house detailing staff & expanding quality subcontracted detailer resources.
· Maintaining company shop drawing submittal schedules.
· Maintaining quality control of all drawings per detailing standards, including; submittals, fabrication, & field use drawings.
· Coordinate with subcontracted professional structural engineers for work requiring design analysis & calculations
· Create preliminary layout & design of work requiring design analysis & calculations or to hand-off to lower tier/ subcontracted detailers.
· Create complete drawing sets, including; submittal, fabrication, & field use drawings.
· 10+ years experience in the industry
· Able to read Architectural and Structural Construction drawings.
· Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam.
· Well versed in using Autodesk AutoCAD in a production environment.
· Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult assignments.
· Ability to develop and improve upon product knowledge.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task.
· Able to problem solve to provide lowest cost, easiest fabricated/installed product while adhering to the contract documents and all applicable codes.
· Strong organizational & communication skills.
· Design Data SDS/2 and/or Autodesk Revit/Advanced Steel experience preferred.
· Bonuses, paid vacation, & holidays.
· Employer subsidized insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, HRA - Health Reimbursement Arrangement).
· Full time; ~50 hours weekly.
· Salary position.
· In-person only
Job Type: Full-time
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Mask mandate, PPE Provided, Social Distancing in place.
Detailing: 10 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction