[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Responsible for all sales activities from lead generation to completion of transaction and collection for all products and assigned accounts.
• Responsible for all sales activities from lead generation to completion of transaction and collection for all products and assigned accounts
• Provide customers with competitive price quotes for products and services
• Support customer base with a strong emphasis on service and integrity through ongoing customer relationships
• Call on customers both at sites and offices to ensure quality of products and service
• Entertaining of customers through various venues including but not limited to sporting events, customer appreciation days along with meals and entertainment
• Monitor activity in the market, visit construction sites and follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
• Review plans and specifications and other customer documents to develop, prepare quotes
• Maintain log/s providing MRM Team with current and future bids, awarded projects and competition pricing.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities with an emphasis on value added products
• Ability to decipher electronic documents and work with Quality Control Department to ensure the appropriate products are quoted
• Propose changes in processes or materials or services which would result in cost reduction of improvements to profitability
• Train customers' employees in the proper use of the product and value-added products
• Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge
• Identify and resolve customer product problems or service concerns
• Prepare a variety of reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and routinely check building permits
• Monitor Dodge, CDC and other commercial reporting sources
• Assist in the collection of customer outstanding debt
• Work independently, in a routine schedule to fulfill all necessary components of the job
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Strong sales background in the Ready-Mix Concrete business
• Ability to work as a team to continue the steady growth of MRM
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; ability to productively interface with customers and employees
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Familiar with cost management, budgets and general production costs.
• Valid driver's license. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; order processing software and internet software.
High School or GED and three to five year's sales/marketing experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education are required and must be able to pass a background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job.
Regularly; stand, walk, and sit
Regularly; Use hands, reach with hands and arms
Regularly; climb or balance
Regularly; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Regularly; talk, hear, and smell
Occasionally; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job.
Occasionally; Work near moving mechanical parts
Occasionally; Work in high, precarious places
Occasionally; Fumes or airborne particles
Occasionally; Outdoor weather conditions
Occasionally; Risk of electrical shock and vibration
Occasionally; Toxic or caustic chemicals
Occasionally; Extreme heat (non-weather)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Mass Ready Mix is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”