[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NO PER DIEM - LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT!
Applies electronic theory, principles of electric circuits, electrical testing procedures, engineering mathematics, physics and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot and repair production equipment. Works under minimum technical supervision. Operationally reports to Maintenance Supervisor. Interfaces with other departments/personnel for the purpose of analyzing and/or supplying information to achieve processing/manufacturing requirements.
* Observe functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
* Discusses performance issues and improvement ideas with pertinent technical staff.
* Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics; draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
* Assembles experimental circuitry of complete prototype models according to engineering instruction, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components and their functions.
* Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
* Required to maintain backups of programs from all electrical devices.
* Understands and is able to trouble-shoot and repair solid-state motor drives, solid-state temperature controllers and computer-based controllers.
* Sets up standard test apparatus or contrives test equipment and circuitry; conducts functional and operational test to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
* Analyzes and interprets data from solid-state motor drives and controllers scope meters and other troubleshooting equipment.
* Adjusts, calibrates and aligns circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
* Must be able to check newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
* Must be able to obtain forklift and aerial lift platform licenses.
* Keeps work area clean and orderly and free of hazards.
* Application of Standards
* Continuous Improvement
* Formalization and Transmission of know-how
* Team Work
* Deployment and Monitoring of Key Indicators
* Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language (i.e., the language of all plant directives) for required document control, equipment operation, and supervisor/peer instruction.
* Over five (5) years of experience within electronics field.
* Completion of an accredited apprenticeship.
* Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent certification.
* Documented proficient working knowledge of various plc's/controls/protocols platforms is required.
* Must be able tor work other shifts and overtime to complete work as needed.
* Employee must be willing to be on call to support production needs.
* Must have computer skills, with the capability to use email, compile reports and spreadsheets for parts and project tracking.
* Must be able to manage projects for implementing changes and improvements.
* Employee is responsible for their own work, and must exercise care and compliance of all established safety procedures.
* Employee must adhere to company safety policies (safety shoes, glasses, etc.)
* May be required to work in somewhat disagreeable working conditions (dirt, fumes, lubricants, etc.)
* Must be able to handle physical lifting of materials/tools up to 75 pounds. Heavier materials may require assistance.
* Must be able to work on aerial lift platforms.