[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
LOCAL ONLY (Huger, SC) - NO PER DIEM
This is a long term position working 4x10's (8hrs on Fridays) on Day shift. Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation and following blueprints.
* Select type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment such as, supports, hangers and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
* Plant installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
* Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe-cutting machine.
* Thread pipe, using pipe-threading machine.
* Bend pipe, suing pipe-bending tools and pipe-bending machine.
* Assemble and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused or cemented joints, and hand tools.
* Secure pipes to structure bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
* Install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components or machines and equipment such as pumps and cylinders using hand tools.
* Install and maintain compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
* Increase pressure in pipe systems and observes connected pressure gauge to test system.
* May weld pipe supports to structure and observes connected pressure gauge to test system.
* May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
* May operate machinery to verify repair.
* Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
* Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must pass written Pipe Fitter test.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor.
* Utilize basic math and a calculator to solve geometric problems associated with Pipe Fitting.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
* Must be willing to work outside of craft.
* Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and Criminal background check based on job location/requirements.