[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Heavy Equipment Operator
Do you like the feeling of having tremendous power at the tip of your fingers? Would you like to be part of an essential industry in the United States? PeopleReady is now hiring Heavy Equipment Operators that can bring a positive attitude and professional flair to the job site.
Operators operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, loaders, graders, dozers and excavators used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings, and other structures as well as surface mining and quarrying activities. Some Operators choose to specialize in a certain type of equipment. Regardless of the type, we would love to talk more to you about this full-time opportunity.
• Working outdoors in appropriate safety and protective equipment
• Operating a variety of heavy equipment safely via hand signals, radio communication and using occupant safety devices
• Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance on track or rubber tire undercarriage, buckets and attachments; lubricating equipment components and attachments
• Completing and maintaining equipment log sheets and reports
• Performing site planning and set up by assessing job site conditions, and identifying or selecting appropriate attachments for the work to be done
• Acquiring and using a knowledge of Earthmoving fundamentals (soil characteristics, ground conditions, map reading), as well as relevant Health and Safety Acts, Municipal Codes & By-Laws, Natural Gas Regulations and Highway Traffic Act
• Working cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
• Continuously learning about new techniques/equipment in order to operate safely while maintaining productivity