[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
TradeForce Staffing Solutions is currently recruiting an experienced Equipment Operator who possesses Supervisory experience to play a key role on a 5 month long Commercial solar project in Ruleville, MS.
• Assign work to be performed and heavy equipment to be operated on a daily basis for each equipment operator; observe and direct the activities of heavy equipment operators to ensure that work is being done safely and effectively.
• Ensure that proper preventive maintenance and safety inspections are performed on equipment; assist supervisor in planning work to be performed.
• Solve technical and personnel problems that involve equipment operators.
• Knowledge of Safety practices for operating heavy and light earth moving equipment.
• Experience in the operation, preventive maintenance, capabilities and limitations of heavy earth moving equipment, including large all-terrain forklifts, scrapers and loaders.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and training.
• Must possess a valid driver license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skillfully operate heavy earth moving equipment such as all-terrain forklifts, scrapers, and loaders.
• Assign and oversee the work of co-workers who are operating heavy earth moving equipment.
• Train subordinates in proper work procedures and safety practices.
• Solve a variety of technical and personnel problems.
• Assist the Site superintendent in the operation of site equipment operation on an as-needed basis.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and other contractors on the job site.
• Walk over rough terrain.
• Perform heavy physical labor for extended periods of time and under all types of outdoor weather conditions.
Education and Experience:
• Two years of heavy equipment operation experience
• Any combination of Supervisory experience and education, which would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
• Prior work on a Commercial Solar site preferred.
• $38.00 - $42.00 per hour based on experience
• Per diem negotiable for qualified nonlocal candidates
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please email an updated resume or contact Emily Garcia directly at 503-488-9492.