[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Construction Laborer Job Description:
Construction Laborer- Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience and assigned. Helpers primarily assist in these activities.
$22-$25 per hour DOE
$75 per day per diem
Per diem offered to those who qualify
CONSTRUCTION LABORER SUMMARY:
- Prepares site for daily work, performs all housekeeping and duties necessary for daily activities.
CONSTRUCTION LABORER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position, join, align and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers: and mix, pour, and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Assisting build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps and other temporary structures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial activities.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
CONSTRUCTION LABORER QUALIFICATIONS:
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.