[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We have an immediate opening for a temp to hire position for a Site Manager with 5 years of maetrial handling industry experience, preferably with distribution centers and warehouse automation.
Manages the onsite project build plan in association with the Project Manager. Reports daily on all onsite execution phases related to construction and implementation of material handling automation systems.
1) Travel requirement of 100% on project sites
2) Ensures all safety procedures along with local/state laws are followed
3) Holds all project team personnel accountable for safety while on site
4) Communicates daily with the customer to ensure a safe and cohesive work environment
5) Plans, directs, and monitors implementation of tasks according to the project schedule
6) Documents project status daily to Project Manager identifying any risk to schedule, scope, or budget
7) Leads daily on-site coordination meeting with site leads identifying safety and site coordination among on-site trades
8) Receives, inventories, and thoroughly documents all shipments related to the project
9) Coordinates the staging of project material and equipment to ensure smooth workflow
10) Owns the task of maintaining a clean and organized job site daily
Education and Experience Requirements
1) Bachelor’s level degree in a technical engineering field or equivalent experience
2) Minimum of 5 years of material handling industry experience, preferably with distribution centers and warehouse automation; construction experience a plus
3) Fork lift, Sissor Lift, and OSHA 30 certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
1) Knowledge of materials handling and control systems, fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics
2) Knowledge of automation projects involving machines, ASRS, AGV, robotics, controls, and software
3) Understanding of the project management process
4) Ability to effectively manage site installation schedule with up to 50+ subcontract personnel
5) Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
6) Problem-solving skills
7) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and listening skills
8) Strong organization and collaborative skills
9) Self-motivated and detail-oriented
10) Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and extended hours depending on project specific requirements and needs
11) Computer Skills – MS Teams, Word, Excel, Email, Video Conferencing, Inventory Management Systems
LEAD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.