[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking experienced Lead Conveyor Mechanics for a full-time, contract opportunity in Tracy, CA. Great opportunity with benefits available with potential continued work!
• Shift will be first shift starting at 7AM (10-hour days)
• Work is Monday through Saturday (60 hours per week)
• Pay is set at $32/hr.
• $95/day per diem and mileage reimbursement available for travelers
• This is 3-month contract opportunity with potential for continued work
Lead Conveyor Mechanic Job Description:
• Install conveyor systems for new Amazon Distribution Center
• Install AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, photo electrical devices, transducers, VFDs, and encoders
• Install mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates
• Install pneumatic equipment such as diverters, lubricators, hoses, and coils
• Install hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps
• Perform basic welding for handrails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, grating, etc. as defined by scope of work
• Troubleshoot, adjust, and replace conveyors and/or other system components as needed to ensure efficient and smooth operation of all equipment
• Perform inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and other power industrial equipment and complete preventive maintenance as needed
• Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Requirements for Lead Conveyor Mechanic:
• Must have 4+ years' experience installing industrial conveyor systems
• Must have documented lead experience running small-medium sized crews
• Must be able to install all hydraulic/pneumatic equipment and all mechanical components for conveyor system and other industrial equipment
• Must be able to interpret blueprints, schematics, and construction drawings
• Basic welding and fabrication experience is strongly preferred
• Must have PPE and basic hand tools for conveyor installation
• Seeking individuals who are flexible, organized, and work well in high-pressure environment under time constraints or deadlines
• Seeking reliable individuals who can commit to work schedule
• Must be able to perform job duties that require standing for 10-hour shifts, bending, kneeling, climbing, working in cramped positions, lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, and performing physically intensive work in inclement environment
Additional Requirements for Lead Conveyor Mechanic:
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Must have reliable transportation to the job site
• Applicants may be subject to pre-employment drug screen
• Applicants may be subject to criminal background check
Please respond with your resume and call/text (321) 319-8921 to apply today! You can also apply online at www.superiorskilledtrades.com or email your resume directly to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.