[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Taking direction from the lead installer, the Solar Installer will work alongside other crew members to provide support to the entire installation team and ensure the successful installation of all solar arrays/systems.
· Work with crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
· Prepare materials for the installation project and report materials needed for completion.
· Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment
· Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware
· Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
· Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
· Set up solar monitoring system
· Document completion of completed installation
· Clean up of job site
· Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
· Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
· Additional duties required as needed
· Takes Initiative
· Resource Management
· Time Management Skills
· Desktop Computer Skills
· Communication Proficiency
· System Skills
· Complex Problem Solving
· Social Skills
· Technical Skills
· This job operates routinely outdoors. Working environment varies. May work in dusty, dirty, hot, or wet conditions, or in confined areas, ditches, or other uncomfortable places.
· This role routinely uses construction equipment and tools
· Full-time position, generally 35-40 hours/ week.
Essential functions of this position require: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body and be to work in various positions. Have appropriate visual, verbal and hearing acuity to follow and give instructions, operate machinery and equipment, and determine the accuracy of the assigned work.
Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 100 pounds requires a good deal of walking or standing or involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. The employee frequently required the use of hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Mental Application: Utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, critical thinking, adaptability, and creative problem-solving skills are important.
Required Education and Experience:
1 year of roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred.
Previous solar experience strongly preferred
Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
Electrical experience is a plus.
OSHA 10 preferred, but not mandatory.