[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
MMR Power Solutions (MMRPS), a division of MMR Group, Inc (https://mmrgrp.com ), develops, owns and operates microgrid projects in CA. These projects provide reliable power and thermal energy to industrial customers to reduce their energy costs and improve reliability. These onsite projects are typically in the 1-5 MW range and typically use some combination of natural gas powered engine-generators, battery energy storage systems and solar PV systems. MMRPS is expanding its staff to support continued growth in this business.
MMRPS is responsible for permitting and approvals, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of these projects. MMR Constructors typically self-performs the electrical construction work and will subcontract the civil and mechanical construction work. We are also pursuing EPC construction opportunities of similar projects directly for end-use customers that this individual will be responsible for.
MMRPS is searching for a self-starter to manage the development of these projects from development through and construction. The individual will manage the development and construction of the project including:
• Lead the development of the project scope, performance, and cost estimate.
• Development overall project schedules and motivate people to maintain schedule
• Preparation and submittal of utility electrical interconnection applications with the engineering firm
• Preparation and submittal of air permit applications with the permitting consultant
• Detailed engineering and design by a third-party engineering firm
• Purchase of major equipment.
• Work with Construction Manager during construction
• Work with MMRPS Director of Operation during commissioning
• Track project costs in order to meet budget
• 5-10 years of experience in the power engineering with reciprocating engines, solar PV systems, energy storage systems, boilers, chillers, and cooling towers
• Familiarity with permitting and approval processes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Familiarity with construction
Education and Skills
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• PE License desirable
• Experience with MS Project Scheduling Software
The selected individual can be located either in our office Long Beach, CA or in Phoenix, AZ.
MMR offers a competitive benefits package.
MMR Group, Inc. and its affiliated companies ("MMR") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected class.