[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Highway Electrician Helper for our Regional Lighting Crew to perform highway maintenance and lighting repair operations in the Florida region, based in Fort Pierce, FL. This position requires performing a variety of tasks related to highway electrical maintenance and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures.
Preferred Experience & Qualification:
- 2 - 5 years prior highway lighting electrical experience
- Experience in installation and maintenance of highway lighting; both light poles and high mast light poles
- Possess a valid Journeyman Electrician License or willing to obtain within one (1) year
- MOT certifications
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the electrical maintenance & repair roadway lighting and facilities
- Installs, maintains and repairs wiring, electrical circuits, switches, relays, resistors, contractors, lighting, motors, generators, surge arrestors, breaker, fuses, control circuits, drives, and related mechanical & hydraulic equipment
- Trouble shoot and repair roadway outages
- Performs routine electrical maintenance including, cleaning contacts, lamp replacement, limit switch, adjustment/replacement and keeping the electrical systems organized and properly working.
- Maintain street, navigational, traffic signal lighting
- Ability to respond 24-hour a day 365 days per year for after hour emergency calls necessitated by accidents or malfunctions. Coordinates after hour emergency repairs with supervisor
- Perform scheduled maintenance of electrical components to ensure continuous electrical operations
- Completed monthly maintenance logs and reports
- Ability to work from bucket trucks & lift equipment
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with Roy Jorgensen Safety Policies
- Regularly communicates with Supervisor on the status, operations and needs of roadway electrical system under their responsibility
- Accurately documents and records hours work on timesheets
- Basic electrical hand tools and cordless drill
- Maintain proper safety equipment for each job
- Other maintenance related duties as required
- Team Player with team building skills
Must pass criminal background check
Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
Carry out simple arithmetic functions
Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
Ability to use smart phone and applications
Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds; strenuous manual labor may be required
Ability to operate hand/power tools
Full time; Monday - Friday 06:30 am - 03:00 pm. MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO PERFORM ON-CALL DUTIES AND WORK VARYING SHIFTS.
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health & Dental insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V