[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a privately held company and a leader in maintenance management. For over 55 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance, and management services. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Controller position to work at the Corporate Headquarters in Buckeystown, Maryland. This position will report to the President and oversee all accounting functions such as A/R, A/P, Payroll, Collections and General Ledger. Candidate must be detail-oriented, a problem solver, possess excellent customer service and computer skills.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum seven years accounting experience with some managerial responsibility
- Public accounting experience a plus
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, organization and independent work skills, attention to detail and problem solving, strong oral and written communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Prior experience working in a JDE/Enterprise One environment a plus.
- General ledger reconciliation
- Monthly financial statement preparation
- Monthly, quarterly, and year end close preparation
- Supervision of the A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Collection and Payroll functions
- Lead the preparation of all regulatory reporting (Accounting, Finance, Benefits)
- Point of Contact for the annual Financial Statements audit.
- Manages and reviews timely and accurate processing and reporting for weekly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Write and develop accounting policy and procedures.
- Serve as plan Administrator for the Profit-Sharing Plan
- Oversee audit processes and controls for government contracts and all regulatory requirements.
Schedule: Full time
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability-based bonus, Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full-time employees to include: Health & Dental insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR, and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V