[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Guardrail Maintenance Technician
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
***Special $500 Hiring Bonus Opportunity for Maintenance Technicians Only***
New hires for our Maintenance Technician Crew In Adkins, TX are eligible for a $500 hiring bonus. *Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking full-time Guardrail Maintenance Technicians to perform maintenance operations in the San Antonio, Texas area. This position requires performing a variety of tasks related to highway maintenance, specifically in guardrail, cable rail, or crash cushion maintenance/ repair/ or new installation, etc. as well as adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen Company policies and procedures. This position will work in a 3-5 person crew ensuring accurate installation and repair processes with the guardrail.
Technicians will report to the project yard located in Adkins, TX.
- Minimum 3 years experience in guardrail, cable rail, or Crash Cushion maintenance/ repair/ or new installation
- Experience in Guardrail, cable rail, or Crash Cushion maintenance/ repair/ or new installation
- MOT Certifications (traffic control)
- Clean driving record is essential
- Must pass criminal background check
- CDL A License a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smartphone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
- Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly while twisting; other strenuous manual labor may be required
- Ability to operate hand/power tools
Full time; Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm, with some night and weekend work if needed. Must be able to work during snow and ice events.
Will be placed on an on-call schedule.
Total Compensation Package to include: FREE PPE! Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, eligible for referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, & Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
*Rehires are not eligible for this special hiring bonus. Must start with Jorgensen on or before October 31, 2021 and be an active employee at the time of payout. ($200 will be paid out after 120 days and then $300 after 240 days past hire date.) Bonuses are taxable and included with normal pay schedule.
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V