[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Project Manager - Early Stage Construction for a 1+ year contract assignment. This Project Manager will be responsible for managing the early stage project support and daily coordination of Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction resources through the pre-construction (Early Stage) activities for Wind projects within the Engineering and Construction Business Unit.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Critical coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right early stage activities and to ensure projects moving to the construction stage of development can be turned over to the construction Project Manager with an executable construction plan (including schedule, budget, risks & mitigations, etc.)
- Coordinate engineering, estimating and procurement teams, development of the project"s technical scope, coordinating with other project leads for environmental/regulatory permitting, land acquisition, interconnection support, scheduling, etc.
- Competitively source, select and contract geotechnical, survey, engineering and construction services.
- Support the construction cost estimating team with assumptions and delivering financial model inputs to the respective business unit
- Responsible for representing the Engineering and Construction interest on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
This position is not responsible for the site-based construction management.
Current portfolio of projects spans the US and Canada.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree in engineering or construction management with experience in related engineering and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with wind projects - a strong bias for action-oriented performers having solid business/commercial acumen.
- PMP Certification
- PMP Certification