[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
WFG INDUSTRIAL partners with Turbomachinery & Rotating Equipment OEM’s and field service companies in the Petro/Chemical, Oil/Gas, Power Generation, and Industrial Construction sectors offering industrial personnel support.
WFG INDUSTRIAL The Right People The Right Projects
Title: Specialty Welder
Start Date: ASAP
Knowledge of steam/gas turbine components and parts. Is proficient with the use of GTAW and SMAW welding processes. Must be skilled in exotic metals.
• Apply hard face filler material to nickel alloy turbine airfoils (blades, Diaphragm, Casing & vanes) perform plug, lap or seal welds on turbine engine components. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG).
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately 75% of the time.
• Must be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of operations production requirements and to develop one’s skills
• Adhere to ASME guidelines and perform ASME welding duties as required
• Adhere to all EH&S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment
• Must comply with any company COVID related protective measures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• TIG welding experience required
• Extremely detail oriented
• Must be able to quickly adapt to changing workflow priorities to meet customer requirements
• Basic computer skills needed
• ASME certified welder to section 9
• Clear understanding of Process Improvement tools
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to work overtime as and when required
WFG Industrial is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.