[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Performance Testing Engineer for a 1+ year REMOTE contract assignment. The Performance Testing Engineer will report to the Director of Commissioning, Engineering and Construction. Travel will be 1 time per month to specific sites or offices in the US as requiredJob Description:
Work from home or remote to support new construction renewable power project turnover to commercial operation, with emphasis on performance test execution. Testing requirements will be dictated by project Power Purchase Agreement and finance requirements needed for the site to obtain COD declaration, and this role will require those requirements to be met. This role will focus on understanding and driving the deliverables needed from commissioning to support performance testing (plant functionality), driving the performance of the testing and data collection via the plant SCADA system, analyzing the data, and issuing for review the results of the testing. Role will have heavy focus on PV Solar, Battery Energy Storage, and plants that integrate both PV and BESS together, with some involvement in Wind project testing as required. Some NERC MOD testing support may be required, however that is not the core role of this position.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Review all Purchase Power Agreement and Interconnect Agreements to develop guidelines for performance testing
- Interface with Engineering, Commissioning, and Business Management personnel to obtain alignment on testing requirements
- Develop a complete testing plan for assigned projects to ensure all deliverables across all relevant contractual documentation is met.
- Schedule and lead alignment meetings leading up to, and during performance testing periods, to ensure all required support parties are aligned and the test is executed in an organized manner.
- Overall responsibility for test execution.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Manage the execution of renewable power facility performance testing at the completion of new facility commissioning, in order to meet all contractual requirements for commercial operation.
- Understanding of PV Solar, Battery Energy Storage, and Wind design and operation.
- Understanding of Sub Station Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems as it relates to data collection for test performance.
- Ability to analyze collected data for acceptance criteria and formalize into a reporting structure for submission.
- Organizational skills to manage high critical deliverables to management.
- Personal skills required to effectively communicate with on-site construction and commissioning support personnel as well as office-based engineering staff and financial personnel.
- Electrical Engineering preferred with an emphasis in Power Systems Engineering Or Professional experience with renewable power facility performance testing and commissioning, emphasis in Electrical, Instrumentation, and SCADA work.