[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Planet Forward has an opening for a Project Manager Opportunity in the Albany, OR area!
**1+ Year Contract**
A leading Chemical manufacturer is seeking an experienced construction/project manager to join their team in Albany, OR. If you are looking for a great career opportunity, please apply to this posting if you are qualified and interested!
Top skills: 5+ years construction/project management experience, industrial/plant experience, strong computer competency.
1. Provide oversight in design phase of a project for construction related concerns
2. Coordinating third party field support, surveys, and investigations
3. Coordination of lifts/scaffolds/ladders that may be needed by engineering firm and/or contractor
4. Obtaining field data as needed for engineering firms
5. Ability to anticipate logistic concerns for construction
6. Capable of providing progress reports during construction on safety performance of all contractors
7. Robust understanding of lock-out-tag-out concepts and taking ownership in making sure they are followed in preparation of construction
8. Experience in addressing management of change related documents, checklists and action items
9. Willingness to be in the field monitoring progress of each job during construction
10. Ensure the project meets safety and quality standards in both design and execution.
11. Ensure the project is designed and installed using sound engineering principles and in accordance with national codes and standards as well as company Corporate wide procedures and standards.
12. Coordinate and manage changes to project scope or execution plan with project team, contractors, and capital project steering committee to ensure their effectiveness.
13. Coordinate with purchasing to ensure that procurement plans are developed and executed in compliance with company Policies and applicable laws.
14. Effectively communicate project status, issues and risks to program manager.
15. Ensure project deliverables and documents are retained, organized and delivered to the plant operations after the project has constructed.
16. Lead and participate in various project and kickoff meetings throughout project life cycle
17. Ability to plan construction work and communicate progress by updating schedules (MS Works or P6). Accountable for quality assurance during construction
Required skills and experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - Highly preferred
2. 5-8+ years’ experience in construction and project management in the chemical manufacturing, petrochemical, or heavy industrial industry.
3. Demonstrated experience in managing construction in an industrial setting
4. Experience in using Excel / Word / Outlook / Web Based tools
5. Demonstrated ability to execute a capital project from pre-construction through startup and close out
6. Acting as an owners’ representative within a chemical manufacturing environment
7. Local Candidate to Albany preferred