[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Project Engineer for E&C - Distributed Generation, responsible for directing the engineering activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial project sites. Excellent technical judgment to lead medium and large Distributed Generation projects from conceptual engineering to commercial operation. Successful candidates will work within Development Project Engineering to support technically and economically unbeatable proposals, develop standardized and innovative systems designs, and oversee detailed design and construction in a dynamic business environment.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- 3 years of proven engineering experience, mostly working with DER.
- An SME in the Solar and/or Bulk Energy Storage Industry, with established expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Power System Distribution
- Power Electronics
- Solar photovoltaic design
- Battery storage system design
- Experience in the design, construction, and/or operation of solar/storage facilities
- Proven analytical capabilities in the following areas
- Solar resource assessment
- Circuit protection and fault analysis
- Optimal solar and storage sizing
- Understanding upstream/downstream project drivers and stakeholders:
- Development: Understanding development processes and identifying risks that affect E&C's responsibilities
- ISC/legal: Equipment lead times, ISC procedures, commercial/legal risk mitigation
- Design/Construction: Knowledge of high level engineering requirements and construction methods/schedules
- Ability to manage many project and priorities
- Able to lead in the training of a Project Engineering I & II position
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of solar, electrical and/or building industry codes and construction practices.
- Prior experience using PVSyst or other commercial solar, wind or building energy modeling programs is essential.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects sites (typically 20-30).
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of solar, electrical and/or building industry codes and construction practices. NAPCEP certification preferred.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline from an ABET accredited program
- Curriculum in Power Systems and renewable energy systems highly desired