[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
.Job SummaryBHI Energy is looking for an Civil or Environmental Engineer . This engineering position, in the Power Delivery Engineering Surveying, Siting, & Permitting Department, will be responsible for the activities and processes needed for the routing, siting, and permitting of new electric transmission lines and substation sites. The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below. Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing or reviewing site plans, cut & fill calculations, storm water calculations and permits, environmental studies, Public Service Commission permits, land use zoning permits and applications, and a host of other permits and easement rights that must be acquired before any transmission construction can begin.
- Budgeting, scheduling, hiring engineering and environmental consultants, inspections, and closing out projects.
- Establish and improve internal processes that will enhance departmental productivity and will need a general working knowledge of transmission line design, corridor routing studies, and complex permitting processes.
- Responsible for initiating formal, in-depth siting studies and managing the process to a successful outcome.
- This position will share responsibility for the daily engagement and interaction with property owners, developers, agency staff, elected officials, consultants, and others external to the company as needed to fulfill the regulatory and legal requirements associated with installing new transmission infrastructure. Internally, this position must daily engage and interact with Transmission and Substation Engineering, Operations, Environmental Services, Legal, Governmental Affairs, Public Relations, Senior Management, and others to successfully acquire and permit corridors and sites.
- Civil or Environmental Degree Preferred.
- Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET accredited based on the year the engineering program was accredited by ABET, or holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
- An understanding of Civil Engineering concepts including stormwater calculations, erosion control, and general siting principles
- Knowledge of environmental permits and the permitting process and the ability to communicate with regulators including DHEC, local MS4s, the USACE, and the South Carolina Public Service Commission