[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are hiring experienced Welders for projects located in and around Morton, IL. This is a third shift opportunity working 50-60 hours per week. The pay range goes up to $25/hour based on experience plus $120/Per Diem for Travelers for 7 days. If miss a day then for days worked.
• Assembles a Variety of Sub-assemblies by Tack or Finish Weld using GTAW or GMAW Processes
• MIG Welding
• Uses Hand and Power Tools
• Interprets Prints to Select Assembly Method and Erection Procedures
• Uses Standard Inspection Procedures to Ensure Conformity to Print Specifications
• Communicates with other Departments to Ensure Proper Shipment and Record Keeping is Accomplished
Will need to pass drug screen prior to starting. No tools needed, just steel toed boots and welding gear.
The specifics of our weld test is outlined below.
The weld test at the Training Center consists of a 150mm Diameter, 3mm wall tube welded in 2F position to a 3mm thick plate with a 3-6mm single pass weld, in a minimum of 2 segments.
Then, a notched 28mm Diameter, 3mm wall tube is welded in 1F position to the side of a tube of identical dimension with a 3-6mm single pass weld, in 4 segments.
Finally, the same notched tube to tube joint is created and welded, but in 3F position in a minimum of 2 weld segments.
All welds tied in, smooth, and consistent. NO uphill vertical welding, only downhill. No time limit. Weld machine parameters set by Weld Trainer.
If you or any of your buddies are interested I can be reached at the 866-659-9845