[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
$37 - $78.50 hourly – depending on experience
Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Education: Bachelor of Science in Safety, Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or other related degree required, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience
Relevant professional certification(s) preferred (ASP, GSP, CIH, CSP, CHP, OHST, and/or CHST)
Level Specific Responsibilities: Will direct or administer a specific function of the safety, health, and environmental program on the company or project level. Responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range safety and health disciplines to achieve compliance with ES&H standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements. Creates, evaluates, educates, and administers the safety program to all levels of employees. Surveys, evaluates, investigates, and gathers information and data as may be directed. Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice. May provide technical guidance to the activities of subordinates. May administer an ES&H program on a small-to-medium-sized project
• Advises, consults, guides and assists a sector, division, region or a corporate department in safety, health, and environmental matters
• Conducts surveys, audits, investigations, and gathers information and data as may be required
• Creates, evaluates, and administers the safety program to address inadequacies within a program to include the creation and presentation of training programs for management, supervision, or employees
• Has demonstrated knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, or company policies and procedures
• Has demonstrated knowledge and ability to create, evaluate, and administer company policies and procedures concerning safety, health, and environmental matters. Initiates and maintains safety awareness programs and fosters such programs to improve awareness
• Develops and maintains professional relationship with regulatory, client, and contemporaries to foster professional image of the company
• Administers safety, accident prevention housekeeping, environmental and other safety- related programs Provides guidance to management through interpretation of the company OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory requirements
• Inspects, monitors, and evaluates the project safety programs for value and effectiveness
• Has the knowledge to develop programs that will address inadequacies in the safety and health program
• Establishes specifications for safety, health, and fire protection equipment
• Maintains liaison with the owners' representatives, insurance carriers, the safety and health community in the area, and the corporate safety department
• Conducts investigations of project accidents and obtains and protects collected data
• Maintains records, reports, and documents required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements
• Acquires and maintains safety awareness programs and fosters the awareness of such within the project
• Creates and administers an orientation program for the project employees
• Plans and coordinates safety and health classes for craft and supervisory employees
• Conducts, directs, and assures regular inspections of the work place to evaluate for accident and fire prevention measures
• Analyzes safety problems and recommends solution to those problems.
• Conducts evaluations of specific areas to detect safety, health, or environmental conditions
• Conducts routine inspections, monitoring, and analysis of work areas. Has knowledge of all equipment used.
• Prepares, maintains, and retrieves reports and documentation concerning the portion of the safety program assigned
• Develops safety awareness and fosters this awareness throughout the company or project
• Accepts assignments within the safety department and performs specific duties as may be required
• Researches and assists in the development of safety policies both on the project and company level.
• Maintains knowledge of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner, and, if supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
TFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a federal contractor, TFE will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show proof of vaccination and completion of a Certificate of Vaccination will be required.