[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job SummaryBHI Energy is looking for a GSP Safety Specialist to work the nightshift position at Ladysmith and Remington Power Station. This role works as a liaison to Project Management in a team environment to help the project reach its safety goals. This role represents the owner at the project site(s) during project execution(s Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets the standard so that the project team sees safety as an imperative which cannot be sacrificed.
- Ensure contractors comply with all OSHA regulation, all other state/federal regulations, and Safety Terms and Conditions.
- Provide expert knowledge in applicable Federal, State and Local regulations and codes and advise management regarding the impact to the project.
- Ensure new contractor hires are orientated to safety compliance expectations, and periodically audit the required documentation.
- Provide training on safety orientations as needed to on-site personnel.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on site: Contractor Yellow Book, the applicable legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, safety plans, etc.
- Develop and maintain emergency action plan incident response matrix including internal project stakeholders to be contacted following an incident.
- Respond to safety concerns that are communicated and follow up with reporting individuals, such as emphasis on LOTO, Power Generation 5, and Mission Zero.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- For Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health items stop the activity immediately and call the contractors safety team to take care of the issue in the manner prescribed contractually.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and issue and follow up on corrective actions as needed.
- Manage and issue to management any safety injuries/illnesses/vehicle incidents/property damage reports, as well as any known revisions to safety standards.
- Take part in project safety calls to discuss project parameters and review any incidents that have occurred as needed.
- Inspect safety paperwork in the field such as vehicle inspections, confined space permits, excavation permits, crane lift plans, and operator certifications as needed.
- Attend contractors Pre-Job Briefs to audit for quality as needed.
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project.
- The Safety Specialist is expected to maintain a physical presence in the field for at least 80% of the duration of the workday and address issues as they arise with the contractor and project management team.